The Most Prominent Improvements to Consider For Your House Renovation in 2022-2023
Many homeowners are used to thinking that improving their home’s functionality and aesthetics equaled investing a lot of money. But that’s not always true. While you can go big with your renovations, there are also plenty of upgrades you can do that won’t cost you an arm and a leg but will greatly boost the appearance of your house.
Let’s discuss the latest trends regarding home improvements for you to consider for your next home renovation project.
Improving Your Home’s Curb Appeal: Exterior Renovations to Boost House Value
The very first thing your guests lay their eyes on when they come to your home is the front door and the overall exterior of your home. Therefore, making them both look inviting is crucial.
Taking care of your home exterior is an excellent investment that saves you money in the long term and significantly boosts the market value of your property. The sky’s the limit when it comes to renovating the exterior, but the most profitable and common ideas for curb appeal, are the ones mentioned below:
- Paint or replace old wood siding. This is an uncomplicated way to give your home a brand-new look. A fresh coat of paint will definitely create a significant difference to the façade of your house. Want it to be even more creative? Try to apply more bright shades because you aren’t limited to traditional black or white paint.
- Install Ecoline bay or bow windows. Replacing your old units with the new huge windows brings fresh touches to your house exterior. Yes, window replacement is not a cheap home renovation, but it still features one of the highest ROIs, going as high as the whopping 85%. Consult with the experts and decide which windows work best for your house, yet keep in mind that this renovation must serve you for at least 25 years, so getting quality units is a must.
- Trim any trees and bushes. Many homeowners may be surprised by how greatly trimming your trees and bushes can impact the look of your home. Plus, this is one of the cheapest home improvements to consider.
- Consider repainting your garage. If your property has a garage or even two, revamping its exterior look would be brilliant. Experts claim that homeowners should consider repainting their garages once in a while to keep a fresh and modern appearance. You may even replace your garage door with modern motorized units to get more benefits during the garage renovation project.
Boosting the Interior of Your House For a Better Look
While renovating your house exterior is vital, homeowners should also consider improvements inside the house to improve the appearance and comfort of the inner space. Like with exterior renovations, you can go big or small to redecorate your interior, but remember to balance all your upgrades.
Modern design ideas do not fancy many different frilly colors, a lot of differences in style when it comes to furniture, windows, tech and other interior elements. Keep it minimalistic yet stylish.
Here are some popular modern ways to redecorate your home to make it look elegant, stylish and comfortable:
- Install new cabinets. If you think your cabinets are too old or damaged and you feel like your kitchen needs something fresh and more comfortable, it’s time to replace them with brand-new cabinets that correspond to the overall kitchen design.
- New window treatments. If you decided to install new bay or bow windows to boost your exterior, getting modern blinds for them will greatly benefit your interior. Roman shades, motorized blinds, or even wood-looking shutters will perfectly complement your new windows and allow for better natural light or privacy control within your space.
- Repaint the walls. A great way to modernize the appearance of your home is to apply a fresh stunning color when repainting your walls. If unsure what shade works best for your interior, go through popular painting guides to help you choose the right colors.
- Place new furniture. When redecorating your interior, it might be time to dispose of your old furniture and buy some new pieces. Take it slow – pick a few worn-out or damaged items and place new units instead. This helps to modernize the overall interior gradually without breaking the bank.
Each of the home improvements discussed in this post proves that making the interior and exterior of your home look terrific can be achieved without putting much effort in.
If you’re on a tight budget, select one or two mentioned improvements you can make once in a while and very soon, your home will get a completely new look. Consistency is key. Good luck!