Bacon Corn Chowder Recipe
Our Son and DIL and baby are living with us for a short time, which has been great being so close to the baby in her first year of life!
My DIL works for us on this blog and Hubby’s, she’s been doing a great job. She loves to cook and last night she tried a new recipe and put her own spin on it: Bacon Corn Chowder!
I have never had chowder before, (we are still on our Sugar Free Journey and there is sugar in the creamed corn so I didn’t eat a bowl, but, I snuck a small taste) and this was really good! Very much a comfort food!
Here’s her recipe:
- 1 1/2 lbs Idaho Potatoes (about 5 peeled and cubed)
- 1/4 cup sliced carrots
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 lb chopped bacon strips
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 can evaporated milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon until crisp over medium heat
- Turn bacon out onto paper towels
- Drain bacon grease leaving about 1 1/2 tsp in the pan
- Add Onions to pan with remaining bacon grease
- Cook until tender over medium high heat, set aside for later
- Cover potatoes with water in a large saucepan
- Bring potaotes to a boil and reduce heat
- Cook potatoes uncovered until tender, about 10-15 mins
- Drain saving 1 cup of potato water
- Add all ingredients to saucepan EXCEPT bacon and onions
- Heat thoroughly
- Add bacon and onions
- Serve – makes about 6 servings
She served hers with garlic toast and it was perfect for dipping! Enjoy!
Leave a Reply