Nothing signals the beginning of summer like the local snow cone stand opening up! But, who says we have to wait for that?
We have the perfect sno cone syrup recipe you can make right at home. Let’s get started.
Homemade Syrup For Snow Cones Or Shaved Ice
T’s back with another great tip! How To Make Homemade Hawaiian Shaved Ice or Snow Cone Syrup
Summer is almost here and the kids will be home ALL DAY! I can see the Facebook statuses now. People will be complaining about their kiddos before you know it.
Instead of complaining about them eating you out of house and home, let them eat ice! Yes, ice! One treat that will keep them busy and cool this summer is shaved ice or snow cones!
Here is what you will need to make your own:
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- Crushed or shaved ice
- Plastic Wrap
- Kool-Aid – your choice(s) of flavors. Many people love Hawaiian Shaved Ice Syrup
- In a saucepan, add 2 cups of sugar and 1 cup of water.
- Heat on medium heat until the sugar and water are a clear syrup.
- While your sugar melts, go ahead and crush your ice.
- When you’re done, put plastic wrap over the ice and put it in the freezer.
- When the syrup is done, add one package of Kool-Aid – you can even make it Hawaiian shaved ice syrup, because there is no limit to the flavors you could create.
- Simply stir the packets of Kool-Aid in and mash them on the side of the bowl to help it dissolve. You want this syrup to cool completely.
To make it real Hawaiian shaved ice – you’d have to start with SHAVED ice as opposed to the crushed ice we use in Snow Cones. Then after you have your syrup on the ice you can top it off with a topping of Sweet And Condensed Milk.
[…] Homemade Sno Cone Syrup […]