Renae is back with another great recipe. She is great at the “Mom getting kids to eat”, recipes.
When my kids were growing up one of our sons LOVED meatloaf. If he was cooking or if someone else was cooking and asked what he wanted, it was always meatloaf.
Mini Turkey And Beef Meatloaf Muffin Recipe
Now, for me, I think he was fascinated with MY meatloaf recipe which is never the same twice. I use anything and everything I can find in it depending on my mood.
I think he liked the idea of not having a recipe. Or creating his own.
But, one day he took that “anything and everything” a little too far.
You Might Also Like: Meatloaf Recipe Loaded With Veggies
I was out and he made meatloaf for dinner, I think he was around 12, when I came home I asked why the house smelled so strongly of…. vinegar… yep, he put vinegar in his meatloaf and said to me “You said ANYTHING can go in meatloaf….”.
Ok, let’s move on to Renae’s no vinegar meatloaf muffins:
I came up with this mini meatloaf recipe when I found ground turkey on markdown at the grocery store. The nice thing about this recipe is you can make a batch ahead of time and freeze some for a quick meal.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or diced
- 1/2 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a frying pan with the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl combine turkey, beef, onion mixture, bread crumbs, eggs and seasoning. I take off my rings and use my hands to mix the meat mixture.
- Spray a 12 count muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Spoon meat mixture into muffin pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- The meat thermometer must reach 160 degrees when done.
I placed mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower on top of the meatloaf muffins to make it look like a cupcake!
- Use lean ground beef; otherwise there will be fat in the muffin cups.
- Turkey is a little dryer than beef. Mixing the two is a nice combination.
Renae is a married working mom of two boys. She is the author of How to Have it All and writes about Easy Recipes, Life With Boys, and so much more. Join her as she journey’s through motherhood juggling work, raising kids and saving money.
Leave a Comment