I wanted to share my Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce From Scratch recipe. I love to cook from scratch when I can. Especially now that we have gone completely sugar/fructose free, it makes it easier if we cook from scratch. Just know that nothing I have used including the spices have any added sugar or fructose.
I know a lot of people like to use sauces that you can buy in the store and yes they are convenient, but they are too sweet for me and I like it chunky with veggies, so here’s my recipe.
Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce From Scratch
1 can Diced, Roasted, or Whole Stewed Tomatoes 2 can tomato paste PLUS 2 cans warm water
2 cans tomato sauce
2 lbs Ground Hamburger Meat or Ground Turkey
2 Bell Peppers chopped
2 Medium Onions chopped
3 Celery Stalks chopped
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
2 tbsp. Garlic
You Might Also Like: Low Carb Chicken Alfredo
As I mentioned in my Crock Pot Pot Roast recipe, I normally cook things in the Crock Pot that Mom cooked on the stove. She had to watch over it all day to keep it from sticking and burning, and I can put it in the Crock pot and walk away.
- I always start with tomato paste, tomato sauce and either diced, roasted or whole stewed tomatoes. If I use whole stewed tomatoes I will put them in the Slow Cooker first and let them cook down a little before adding the other sauces and pastes.
- Once the tomatoes have cooked down (or, if I used diced or roasted tomatoes, I just add them all at once), add the tomato sauces, tomato pastes, and the water and stir. Cook on high while you are preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Then I chop up all of the veggies and sauté them in olive oil on medium heat until the onions begin to look transparent, but not brown.
You Might Also Like: 7 Little Known Slow Cooker Recipes
- I add all of the veggies to the sauce in the slow cooker and then I brown the meat. Once the meat is nice and brown, I drain it and add it to the sauce, and then I add my spices.
- Then I let it cook covered for about 4-5 hours or less depending on the time I have. I serve it either over regular pasta or over zucchini pasta.
- I love my zucchini pasta maker – it makes it quick and easy and much healthier and low carb! I normally microwave them for about a minute after I cut them just to make them soft.
This is not fructose free
Right, I don’t think it says that it is in the recipe.
I hope that helps,