Do you want to earn cash back from your Target purchases while still enjoying exclusive savings?
Target Circle allows you to do that.
Replacing the Target Cartwheel program in October 2019, Target Circle is the new loyalty program with the goal of creating an easier, more rewarding shopping experience for customers.
Is Target Circle worth applying for? Here are the things you need to know about this loyalty program!
Target Circle came from the old program, the Target Cartwheel app!
What Is Target Circle?
Target Circle is a new program from the retail giant. It’s a free rewards program for customers where users can get 1% cash back on all eligible purchases from different Target stores and Target.com, access to exclusive savings, and even a special birthday gift!
Other Target Circle offers include:
- Hundreds of exclusive deals with offers of up to 50% off
- 5% birthday discount
- Personalized offer of coupons based on your shopping preferences
- Early access to major sales, including Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Votes to cast for local nonprofit organizations that will receive contributions from Target
How Much Does It Cost?
The Target Circle Rewards Program is entirely free!
You don’t need to pay any membership fees and it offers access to save money when shopping for your future Target purchases, whether it’s online orders or in-store purchases.
How To Sign Up For It
Signing up is free, quick, and easy:
- Create a Target.com account: If you have an existing Target account you’re set or if not, create a new one from the website, you’ll be automatically enrolled in Target Circle.
- Or sign up for Target Circle using the account tab in the mobile app.
- OR sign up in person at a local store, just ask a sales associate about joining. You can enter your mobile number using the keypad at checkout. Then, you can complete your registration online (it will ask for your personal information including your email address) once you’re at home.
Once you’re a Target Circle member, you can now earn 1% cash back on your purchases.
When shopping in-store:
- Scan the barcode located in your Wallet in the Target app
- Enter the phone number you registered with on the self-checkout screen or keypad during checkout
Should you forget to do any of these things, you can still earn cashback by using the Target app within seven days of purchase. Enter the receipt manually or you can also scan your receipt for the Target Circle Rewards to be credited to your account.
When shopping online:
To get cashback, you need to be logged into your account to automatically earn 1% back on your purchases.
How To Check and Redeem Your Target Circle Earnings Rewards
To check your rewards balance, go to the Target Circle section under the Accounts tab of your Target app or from the Target website.
You can start redeeming your earnings by toggling on the Use Earnings option online. Just enter your phone number or scan your barcode during checkout to connect your purchase with your Target Circle account.
What Purchases Are Eligible To Earn Rewards?
You can earn rewards and cashback on every purchase made at Target stores, through the app, or from Target.com except for:
- Prescription medications
- Alcoholic beverages
- Target optical purchases
Do The Rewards Expire?
If you don’t redeem or earn any rewards for a year, your rewards will expire.
You can check the expiration date of your earnings on the app or through the website.
Also, the Target Circle birthday rewards will expire 30 days after your birthday.
Target Circle vs Target RedCard
Another rewards program from the retail giant is Target RedCard.
But don’t be confused with these two rewards programs!
The Target RedCard is the store’s credit or debit card. Once you sign up for this new credit card or debit card, you’ll get 5% off at Target every time you shop.
This card includes more services than the Target Circle which includes:
- FREE two-day shipping
- Additional 30 days of returns and exchanges
- Exclusive offers
If you sign up for a Target RedCard debit or credit card, you’ll automatically be signed up for Target Circle.
However, you can’t stack or use them together.
Target RedCard holders will get 5% off your purchases instead of the 1% cashback from the Target Circle.
Do you want to know more on how you can utilize your Target Circle membership? Check this out!
This program is an easy way to get great discounts and rewards for your future purchases whenever you shop Target.
And the best part: It’s free!