If you like a great deal then you might want to consider consignment shopping. This is the place where you can get some outstanding bargains.
Let’s talk about some ways you can go to your first consignment sale yet look like a pro.
10 Consignment Sale Shopping Tips
I was recently invited to attend a huge local consignment sale for children’s clothing, books and toys.
I thought it might be helpful if you were planning on attending a similar event to share 10 Consignment Store Shopping tips!
These tips will also work for flea markets and even garage sale shopping.
Consignment Sale Shopping Tips:
1. Get there first and check out the best stuff. You might even want to look into being a volunteer, that allows you to get in early and scope out the deals!
2. Hire a sitter! You’ll want plenty of time to peruse without potty breaks and melt downs. Well, you might need a potty break or two and hopefully you won’t have any melt downs 🙂
4. Be prepared to take your time, these sales are huge and you want to be able to check out all of the things you’re after and get the best deal for you!
5. Have a plan, talk to someone who has been before and ask their advice. Know what you’re looking for and how much you want to spend on each purchase. Then work your plan, don’t get sidetracked.
6. Know the sizes of the kids you’re purchasing for before you go. Plan to purchase items that will last, so be prepared to look for the next size up.
7. Make sure to inspect clothes closely. Search for tears or snags, stains or loose seams.
8. Know ahead of time what payment forms will be accepted. You don’t want to be searching for an ATM.
9. Bring snacks and water to stay hydrated (Be sure food and drinks are allowed). The lines will be long and you don’t want to have to search for fountains or pay for drinks while you’re busy deal hunting!
10. Have fun, enjoy the time and know that you are saving your family money while providing what your kids need, too!
Consignment sales are also great places to pick up gently used Halloween costumes!