Cash stuffing is one of the top money trends right now, but it’s not a new way of budgeting. What many don’t know is cash stuffing used to be called the cash envelope system.
The reason why this monthly budget method has become popular again is that this way of budgeting has been effective for years. To be honest, the cash envelope system truly never when out of style.
Cash Stuffing Envelopes
I don’t know about you, but trying to budget online can be counter-productive. It’s so easy nowadays to see something we want and immediately transfer whatever money we have so we can buy it. Now, that’s what I call wasteful spending.
Not only that, have you ever deposited money in your account to use for grocery shopping and then find It’s still pending and hasn’t even hit your account, yet? Nothing is more frustrating than not being able to use your own money for what you need right then. The cash envelope method stops any of this from even happening.
But getting started can be challenging with any personal budget. That’s why we made this guide on Cash Stuffing and how to get started!
You Might Also Like: Tips And Tricks To Help Curb Impulse Buying And Save Your Money
What Is It
The cash envelope budgeting method is one of the simplest ways to handle your personal finance. For this, you use physical cash and envelopes to create a budget.
This way of budgeting is excellent for cutting unnecessary things out that you waste your money on. It does this by preventing you from falling victim to impulse buys.
The envelope budgeting system is also a great way to examine your monthly expenses and see if you’re overspending in one area over another.
Pros of the cash stuffing method
- Never again have an overdraft fee
- It makes you take a closer look at your finances
- You’ll cut down on your online purchases
How It Works
To get started, you need to come up with budget categories and how much you’ll spend on each. The easiest way to do this is to go through your checking account and see what you spent your money on in the past few months.
Now you have an idea of where to start, the goal is to spend less than you were paying on each budgeting category, but you also need to be realistic. You don’t want to put the lowest monthly amount possible.
If you’re spending $300 on shopping a month, you can’t cut it down to $50 and expect to maintain that. You need to slowly lower it until you can spend as little as you’re comfortable with.
Now that you have each spending category assigned an amount, you need envelopes. On the back of the envelope, you write the budget category and the amount of cash you’re going to put in it.
The most important rule to using cash envelopes is you can not take any cash out of one of the envelope categories if you run out of money in another. That means if you want to go shopping, but that envelope is empty, you can’t take anything from the groceries, etc. envelope.
When the end of the month rolls around, you start over, and any extra cash you have left over goes toward your savings goal or emergency fund.
For this budgeting method, you can use paper envelopes or a cash envelop wallet such as
- BUDGET PLANNER – Budetizer cash envelope system will help you manage your money and stay within your monthly budget; This budget envelope is design with a ledger that makes keeping track of expenses a breeze; With our budgeting envelopes you will be able to track, analyze and most important achieve your financial goals
- WATER & TEAR RESISTANT – Budgetizer Cash Organizer Envelopes are water resistant; If little water or a spilled drink drops to your envelopes it will wipe dry fast keeping everything on track; Our money envelopes are tear proof; This cash organizer envelope is not like paper envelopes that tear easily; Our budget planner envelopes are made with premium materials not paper like other products in the market
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS – Budgetizer’s BundlBudgetizer’s2 assorted colors envelopes, 1 counterfeit bill detector and 1 cash envelope pouch; Budgetizer money envelopes come in assorted colors to better organize your cash by categories; Our budgeting envelopes are great for groceries, gas, bills, clothing and even entertainment
- WARRANTY INFORMATION – We ensure that our money envelope bundle will meet your expectations; If for any reason, it doesn’t, we offer doesn’t without questions asked; If you have any issues, do not hesitate to contact us and we will be more than happy to ensure you have a positive experience
- Cash binder System for budgeting : The package including 1 PU Leather Notebook Binder,12PCS clear cash envelopes with colorful zipper, 12PCS budget expense tracker sheets ,30PCS colorful self-adhesive labels. Convenient for your money amount record and storage category daily.
- Portable A6 Binder : PU Leather touched comfortable and size suitable . Magnetic button makes it extremely easy open and close . Inner design is artistic and practical , hidden some compartments for ID and bank cards ,tickets , passport storing and also has 2 hoops for pen insert .
- Cash envelopes for budgeting : PVC material gives tear-resistance and waterproof. You can keep bill, money, vouchers inside tidy and organized. The translucent feature for quick lookup and easy identification .The color zipper is more easy to mark and classify.
- Budget sheets and labels :expense tracker sheets can help you to record the concise and practical then can monitor and control the spending . 30 pcs adhesive labels are enough for writing down different budget category.
- Reasonable design and Easy to use : Just open loose leaf ring can set the envelop pocket and tracker sheets in and out . It can help you to build your own financial situation record system , to manage personal or family financial budget more clearly . Also can be a perfect gift for friends , classmate and family member.
- ✅ TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR MONEY, GET OUT OF DEBT & START SAVING: Are you looking for the best cash envelopes budget system to keep your finance organized? Clever Fox cash envelopes for budgeting will help you keep your money organized, spend well, stay out of debt, start saving, and set and achieve financial goals. It has everything you need to smartly plan and budget for what you’re going to spyou’rech week or month. Start today, and change your financial future!
- ✅ TEAR RESISTANT, WATERPROOF & DURABLE: Clever Fox cash envelopes are made of a unique material composed of high-density polyethylene fibers often used to protect buildings during construction. These envelopes will easily withstand everyday use and water. They are nearly impossible to tear by hand while remaining light and flexible. The envelopes won’t wear or tearwon’t standard paper or laminated envelopes and will easily stand heavy everyday use.
- ✅ CARRY POUCH & 12 BUDGET SHEETS: Keep all your budgeting envelopes, loose change and receipts organized in a premium quality zip-locker pouch. No more worrying about cash or change falling out. Each ledger envelope budget system set comes with 12 budget sheets that allow you to keep a detailed track of your cash inflow and outflow. Track all your purchases and what you have left to spend. This will help you to set your spending habits and to allocate cash only where you should be.
- ✅ 12 ASSORTED COLORS & PERFECT SIZE, MAKES A GREAT GIFT: There is a unique color for each of the 12 different budgeting different categories. The money envelopes for cash are 6.7 inches x 3.3 inches making it the perfect size to fit in your bag or wallet. Saving money, building wealth, and reaching financial independence is everyone’s goal. Ceveryone’sth a premium carry pouch included with your purchase, this is a perfect gift for anyone and for any occasion.
- ✅ GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOUR MONEY ORGANIZED OR YOUR MONEY BACK: The Clever Fox Budget Envelopes for Cash System is guaranteed to work, or we will give you your money back! If you are not happy with your results, or for any reason you’re not completyou’retisfied with your purchase of these money saving envelopes, simply contact us for a hassle-free refund. No questions asked!
- MONEY MINDSET: Save more money and spend less this year with your very own pink budget binder & planner with cash envelopes. Organize your expenses with our pre-printed inserts & cash stuffing envelopes binder and track your deposits and withdrawals.
- NO LABELLING REQUIRED: Just insert the money saving envelopes into the binder rings and they pop right into the A6 ring binder cash organizer. Our money binder organizer for cash comes with pre-written vinyl labels in a beautiful solid brown cursive font, so you won’t have to writwon’tr own budget binder planner labels.
- CUTE & EASY TO CARRY ANYWHERE: Our cash envelope binder / money book organizer for cash is cute and compact so it will fit your purse or backpack and can travel just about anywhere with you. The money savings binder’s clasps clbinder’sly, and it has little zips so that the money won’t slip out of won’tudgeting envelopes or wallet.
- QUALITY MATERIAL: Our money-saving binder and bill organizer with cash envelopes is made of quality PVC. It’s tear resistanIt’saterproof, and soft to the touch but is strong enough so the creases won’t come out. Stwon’t lightweight, and durable.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Our products are of the highest quality with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If we’ve fallen shortwe’veur promise, we offer a 90-day money-back guarantee.
How To Stay On Track
One thing we can all relate to is wanting to get our finances in order, and half the time, we do, but then a month later, we fail to keep at it. So to make sure that doesn’t happen to you, we’ve found a way to maintain this budget.
One of the biggest problems people face when it comes to any budgeting method is not being realistic with their spending habits. We already touched a bit on this.
When you set up your budget, you need to be aware there will be cuts. If you could maintain this lifestyle without help, you wouldn’t be here. On the other hand, making too many cuts can lead to a downfall.
The first thing you want to consider is how much your rent, groceries, and utility bills are. Once you have that down, you can start working on the other categories. Don’t focus on how much you can put into your shopping budget before you budget your essentials.
Another way to maintain this budget is to go by your monthly income. You can go by your weekly, but it’s better to plan for the whole month. And lastly, when the beginning of the month rolls around, don’t put any money you have left over anywhere else but in savings.
You Might Also Like: How To Save Money Monthly On Your Bills
FAQ: Cash Stuffing
Q: What is cash stuffing?
Answer: Cash stuffing is when you use physical cash and envelopes to create a budget. This way of budgeting is excellent for cutting unnecessary things you waste your money on out. It does this by preventing you from falling victim to impulse buys. This way of budgeting has become one of the most popular ways to budget.
Q: Why is cash stuffing so popular?
Answer: Cash stuffing is so popular because this way of budgeting has been effective for years. You’re taking the complicated tech out of the equation. Plus, you only need two things to get started. Money and envelopes, well… and a pen.
Q: What do you need for cash stuffing?
Answer: All you need for cash stuffing is cash and envelopes to get started.
Q: How many cash envelopes do I need?
Answer: You need one cash envelope for every category you make for your cash stuffing budget.
Q: What are the categories for cash envelope system?
Answer: Everyone has many of the same categories for the cash envelope system, which are rent, utilities, and groceries but any after that depends on what you spend your money on. Just be sure you don’t go overboard with how much (or little) money you put in your budget category envelopes.
Q: How much money do you put in cash envelopes?
Answer: You want to put a lower amount of cash in each cash envelope than you would normally spend in that category, but don’t put a drastically lower amount. You want your budget to be doable. You can slowly lower the amount as time goes on. Be sure to stay on top of when you need to stuff your cash envelopes.
Q: How often do you stuff cash envelopes?
Answer: You’ll want to refill your cash envelopes at the beginning of every month. But don’t forget to take the leftover money out and put it into your savings account.
Q: What do you do with leftover money in cash envelopes?
Answer: Any leftover money you have at the end of the month goes into savings.
That’s it. Now you know everything about Cash Stuffing, from the different envelopes you can use to the different spending categories you use to budget with. How easy was that?
Have you ever used the Cash Stuffing budgeting system before? How did it work for you?