Easy DIY Christmas Gift Ideas For Families
Christmas is not only about the holiday decorations and preparing sumptuous dinner for the family: It’s also about giving gifts.
Other than giving store-bought gifts, giving your family and friends homemade gifts is always a good a choice. The recipient will know that you spent time preparing the gift and the thoughtfulness is always appreciated by others.
However, if you decide to go the DIY-route, just keep in mind that you should do some planning beforehand. If you choose to give your family and friends a more personalized gift, here are some easy DIY Christmas gift ideas you might like.
Do you enjoy embroidery or cross-stitching? Then this should be the DIY gift idea for you.
Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, each pack contains simple patterns and easy to follow instructions. They can be hung on doors or used as traditional ornaments.
Design Works Crafts Welcome Winter Cross Stitch Ornament Kit
Rachel’s Of Greenfield Mittens Ornament Kit
Bucilla Counted Cross Stitch Mini Ornament Kit
You Might Also Like: The Best Personalized Gifts For Anyone In Your Life
Chalk Paint Ornament
Tailor your DIY Christmas Gift to the receiver by customizing the ornaments with paints or chalk pens.
You can doodle a design, write their names, any important dates, or write simple and short messages.
White Paint Pen
Instead of purchasing a cookbook as a gift, you can make your own by writing (or printing) different recipes on cardstock.
Once you’re done with the recipes, you can place them in a wooden box then embellish it with stickers and other decorations.
Jot & Mark Decorative Tin for Recipe Card
Akshaya Maple Wood Recipe Box
Polite Society Recipe Box
Personalized Photo Candle
They might look expensive and hard to do, but these personalized photo candles are quick, easy, and cheap.
- Start by printing your favorite photo using a colored laser printer on printer paper (this is important — you need to use plain paper and a laser printer as inkjet printers and photo paper will not work!). Using heavy-duty packing tape, tape down across the photo and make sure that the tape completely covers the picture.
- Use a credit or debit card to smooth the tape down then cut out the photo.
- Fully submerge the photo in a bowl of water. Let it sit for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take the photo out of the water then gently peel the paper off the back. Once done, lay it face down on a clean towel and let it air dry.
- Once the tape is completely dry, it will be sticky again. You can now tape it around the candle.
Momila Soy Wax Candle Making Kit
Hot Cocoa Kit
Nothing beats a cup of hot cocoa, with marshmallows of course, on a chilly night.
Putting together a whole hot chocolate kit as a DIY Christmas Gift is an easy and fun idea anyone would love
Put the hot cocoa powder in Christmas-themed mugs or fun winter mugs. You can also transfer the cocoa powder in cute containers that they can store on top of their shelves. Also if your gift recipient is watching their weight, check out this recipe: Sugar Free, Low Card Hot Chocolate.
Sweet Water Decor Warm and Cozy Campfire Mug
Precious Moments Penquin Mug
The Smurfs Merry Christmas Red Coffee Mug
This fun DIY project will put a smile on every face. Plus, the process is simple and you might already have all the supplies needed around your house.
All you need is ceramic or wooden tiles, 3.5 x 5 inches photos, Mod Podge, clear acrylic paint, and a sponge brush.
Clear Acrylic Spray
- Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge on the back of the pictures. Place it on your tile, but make sure to leave at least 1/4 inch border on the sides.
- Using a credit or debit card (that you no longer need), smooth down the photo.
- Apply another thin layer of Mod Podge over the tile and photo. Let it dry.
- Repeat adding another two to three layers of Mod Podge on top of the photo.
- Once the Mod Podge is completely dry, spray the tile with your clear acrylic paint. This will make the coaster water-resistant.
Seed Starting Kit
Is there someone with a green thumb in the family or maybe he or she is planning to start a small garden?
Check out these seed starting kits as an idea for a DIY Christmas Gift.
I am partial to this gift myself as I love gardening, you can check out. You can check out my other site if gardening is something you’re interested in, too: DianFarmer.com
Window Garden Seed Starting Kit
Miracle-Gro Twelve Seed Starting Kit
Gardener’s Supply Company Organic GrowEase Seed Starting Success Kit
Every minute that they spend tending to their gardens, they will surely remind them of you.
You Might Also Like: Christmas Decoration Storage Ideas And Solutions!
There are a lot of DIY Christmas gift ideas for families this coming holiday season.
What did ideas have you done in the past? Do you have ideas I failed to mention here, I’d love to hear more in the comments below.
Leave a Reply