Susan is back with another great recipe! This one is for our low carb eaters!
Low Carb Taco Pizza Recipe
Ingredients for 1 individual size pizza:
- 1 Flat Out Wrap
- 1/4 cup of taco meat (good to do with leftovers) or 1/4 cup cooked ground meat mixed with 1 tsp taco seasoning and a tablespoon of water
- 1/4 cup pinto beans
- 1/8 cup chopped peppers (bell or banana)
- 1 tablespoon Salsa or Salsa Verde
- 1 tablespoon Fat Free or Light sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/8 cup chopped onions
- 2 oz grated cheese (pepper jack is great)
Bake the Flat Out Wrap (8 carbs) until toasted. The wrap has to be a little crispy but not browned before you build your pizza.
Put sour cream down on wrap and top with the salsa. Then layer the beans, meat…then vegetables and put the cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees until heated through and the cheese is melted. Cut into four pieces.
This is below the 30 grams of carbs allowed for a meal, if you have a blood sugar issue and is low in fat and calories. Best of all, it is very tasty.
Hi, I’m Susan, a mother of four and a grandmother to 5 and that, along with my husband and 2 dogs, take up my most of my time. I am a side-tracked Home Executive. I had the privilege of being a stay –at-home mom so, you might say that my passion is the home and making a haven for those I love.