Emily is with us again to share another fun Christmas project.
These Mini Christmas Signs are so much fun and so versatile. They can be used as ornaments on your Christmas tree, propped on a shelf or even hung from a festive Christmas wreath! I love versatile projects, don’t you?
DIY Mini Christmas Signs Craft
There is no better time to get your DIY on than the holidays. There are tons of Christmas and fall crafts, but it is also a fun activity with the whole family. The best part is most of them are kid friendly.
You could even find ones just for the little ones. For this fun winter craft, we are making DIY mini Christmas signs. These are perfect for hanging on your door or wall. You can even prop them up on a counter.
Let’s get to it!
I grabbed these wooden plaques for $0.25 a piece at a flea market and I knew they’d make great mini signs! I made 8 total, and they range in size from about 3.5 inches x 3.5 inches to 5 inches x 5 inches. Similar plaques can be purchased at your local craft store.
- Wooden plaques
- A Silhouette (you can also use stencils or letter stickers)
- Spray paint
- Vinyl (if you use the Silhouette)
- Transfer tape (if you use the Silhouette)
- Hot glue
- Bakers twine
You Might Also Like These: Christmas Decoration Storage Ideas
I used my Silhouette to make these signs, but you could always use stencils or letter stickers.
Directions To make these Mini Christmas Signs:
1. Spray paint the centers of unfinished wooden plaques white
2. Use your Silhouette to cut Christmas phrases out of vinyl OR gather the appropriate sticker letters
3. Place the vinyl letters on the painted plaques using transfer tape OR place your letter stickers on the painted surface
You Might Also Like These: Unique Ways To Wrap Christmas Gifts
4. Repeat this process with each plaque
5. Paint over the entire plaque with the color of your choice
6. Peel the vinyl letters/ stickers off the plaques and use sandpaper to distress each sign.
To the backside of a few of the signs, I hot glued bakers twine for hanging.
I hung one from the center of my So-Simple Sock Wreath. It added the perfect amount of Christmas cheer to my front door, don’t you think?
Happy Christmas Crafting!
Check out some of the other Holiday Crafts Emily has shared with us!
Hi, I’m Emily from 52mantels.com. I’m the wife to a wonderful hubby who puts up with my constant projects and I’m the brand-new mommy to one perfect little bow-wearing baby. I’m also a habitual DIY girl with a passion for creating a beautiful home on a budget. When I’m not crafting and creating, I’m planning my next craft or creation. Obsessed? Perhaps. But, I prefer the word focused. I’m focused on making my house a home and doing it creatively.