Susan is back with another recipe! This time she is showing us how easy it is to use leftovers to make a great meal!
Keep reading to find out how to make her Mexican Casserole Recipe!
At our house, we try not to throw out food. I guess that comes from having four children and limited resources.
Rather than thaw out a new piece of meat to start a dish, see what is left in the refrigerator and meld some new flavors together.
In this case, we had several things that were leftover in small amounts and with a little imagination, came up with dinner in about 15 minutes.
- 8 or 9 oz grilled pork chop or chicken
- 1 can Rotel (heat level is up to you)
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2/3 cup corn (ours was leftover)
- 1/4 cup chopped peppers (I used 2 small banana peppers and 1 small jalapeño)
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 4 tablespoons of leftover dip (see below) or sour cream with 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 7 or 8 corn tortillas (you could use corn chips instead)
- 1/2 cup-1 cup cheddar or pepper jack or whatever you have
- Chop your pork into small pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients together except tortillas.
- Put half of the mixture in a square pan.
- Top this with the corn tortillas and top with the rest of the mixture.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 40 minutes
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
The dip was made with New Canaan Farms Chipotle Dip Mix, sour cream and mayo. If you wanted to use just light sour cream, add Mexican spices or a tablespoon of taco or enchilada seasoning.
Hi, I’m Susan, a mother of four and a grandmother to 5 and that, along with my husband and 2 dogs, take up my most of my time. I am a side-tracked Home Executive. I had the privilege of being a stay –at-home mom so, you might say that my passion is the home and making a haven for those I love.