If you’re a busy parent trying to fit as much as you can in a day, then you probably know how exhausting grocery shopping can be.
You have to make your grocery list, load up the kids, drive to the store, wrangle everyone out of the car and in carts or at least in a group with you, look for the items you need, head to the cash register, load all the groceries and kids in, drive back, load all the groceries and kids back out of the car, and then put your groceries away when you get home (and then someone has the audacity to ask what’s for dinner…).
For most moms, that’s a lot of time that could be spent on other things. But if you shop at Walmart then you’re in luck. This retail chain lets you shop for Walmart groceries online and other household supplies faster and more conveniently than ever.
Today, we’ll be talking about Walmart Grocery Pickup. Let’s get started!
How Does Walmart’s Grocery Pick Up Work?
Walmart Pickup Groceries is a service offered by the retail chain that lets you cut the time you spend shopping for groceries in half. It’s been around for quite a while now and it works in just a few simple steps.
- Download the Walmart app. Alternatively, you can visit their website using your computer. Here, you can check if Walmart Pickup is available in your area. You also need to create an account if you don’t already have one.
- Choose a pick-up time. Choose a time available that best fits your schedule (after all this is all about convenience for you).
- Fill your shopping cart and checkout. Just search for the specific items you need, or shop the categories and aisles online at your convenience. You have plenty of time if you get disturbed and need to return to it later. You can pay using a credit or a debit card.
- Wait for Walmart to say your groceries are ready for pickup. You will receive an email, a text, or an alert via the app when your order is ready. Then you’ll let Walmart know you’re on the way to the store through the app or by calling the number that will be sent to you.
- Pull up into the pickup area. Drive up to your local Walmartgrocery and park in the designated area for grocery pickups. A Walmart employee will then bring your groceries to your car and load them up for you. Then you just need to sign a form and head home.
You might also like to learn about: Amazon Household
Pros of Walmart Grocery Pickup
- It’s easy to order online using a computer or your phone.
- Grocery pickup is a free service for Walmart shoppers.
- You can order a wide variety of items in addition to groceries such as pharmacy and home goods.
- Walmart saves your shopping history so you can easily reorder your staples.
- Walmart is flexible in terms of pickup times. And they give you plenty of time to complete your order
- Walmart substitutes items that are out of stock and you can choose whether or not you’ll accept these. In case a substitution is needed, a Walmart shopper will pick a more expensive brand or a bigger size than your order but you will be charged the price of the item you originally ordered.
- You can change your order and even add items to it within several hours of placing it.
- You don’t have to stand in long lines to get your groceries.
- You don’t have to get out of your car to get your groceries. A Walmart employee will load the groceries into your car once you arrive.
Cons of Walmart Grocery Pickup
- Sometimes they can be out of stock on the items you request. However, they’ll substitute it but for some people with dietary restrictions, some substitutions just don’t work (but you have the option to accept or decline the substitutions).
- You can’t hand pick the fruits and vegetables that you want.
- You can’t find marked down or clearance items.
- If you use rebate apps, you can’t upload a photo of a receipt to earn cashback.
- You have to place your orders at least four hours before pick-up.
You might also like: Home Depot Penny Items: How To Find Them
Is Walmart Grocery Pick Up Worth It?
Walmart Grocery Pick up is a great option for people who are pressed for time or simply can’t go out to shop for groceries. While there are some cons to shopping this way, the convenience it affords is well worth it, to me.
What do you think? Do you like this service from Walmart? Do you have other online grocery shopping tips you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments section below!