Earlier in this series we talked about price matching at Walmart.
So, today I thought we would discuss Walmart and their Competitor Coupons Policy.
But before discussing Walmart’s coupon policy, it’s best to first familiarize yourself with what Walmart is. Basically, Walmart is known as an American retail company operating a chain of hypermarkets, grocery stores, and discount stores. It’s been one of the popular stores that consumers go to for both in-person and online shopping.
It’s probably because of their:
- grocery upgrades
- free next-day delivery services
- free curbside pick-up
- easy-to-navigate application
- in-store financial services
- and even free health screenings.
Also, many consumers also prefer Walmart to cater to their shopping needs because it has many self-checkout registers, offers many premium brands, knows how to give back to the community, and more importantly, provides ways to save more money. It’s where using coupons and discount codes enter the picture. Like other stores, Walmart also allows consumers to buy what they need and want at discounted prices.
However, it’s always a good idea to check any stores coupon policy before you shop there to know what coupons you can and can’t use. Make sure that you read the fine print. This way, you have a better chance of getting the best prices for your items or and things like if you can use coupons on clearance items at the store.
If you have a coupon for a limited time only sale or seasonal sales, I would call ahead. This is an easy way to ensure the items you want are still in stock.
Another great way to make sure you’re getting the best deal is to check the online price for your item so you have an idea how much your special buys will cost in store and online.
Before we get into it, I want to talk about a question I am often asked, is there a Walmart promo code or Walmart coupon code for groceries. When and if you find these you can only use them on online grocery orders, not in Walmart stores. However they are hard to find.
Thankfully, reputable coupon websites offer free online coupons to consumers wanting to save money on their Walmart purchases. All you need to do is browse the internet and find the perfect coupon website for your buying needs. The experts from this site can help you find a Walmart coupon code for groceries.
On the other hand, Walmart discount codes are another way to get great deals and special offers. You can use them on things like home appliances, household goods, video games, even patio furniture.
You might also like: FAQ About Coupons: Where Can I Find Coupons?
Does Walmart Take Competitor Coupons?
Walmart no longer accepts competitor coupons.
Here’s what Walmart’s coupon policy says:
Updated: November 10, 2017
Walmart’s coupon policy applies to all properties owned or operated by Walmart Inc., or one of its subsidiary companies (excluding Sam’s Club locations) in the United States (Walmart).
Manufacturer Coupon Official Policy
To help our customers save money and live better, we gladly accept valid paper manufacturer’s coupons issued by manufacturers of products that Walmart sells. These paper manufacturer coupons must scan at the register and must not be expired in accordance with the following guidelines.
Coupon Guidelines – Walmart accepts the following
- Accept only one paper manufacturer coupon per sale item.
- Walmart will follow the manufacturer’s limitations as stated on the coupon
- Example: 4 coupons for the same item
- There is no limit on the total number of coupons (variety) that can be used in a total transaction
- Walmart will follow the manufacturer’s limitations as stated on the coupon
- All coupons require the following information printed on them.
- “Manufacturer Coupon”
- A GS1 bar code that can be scanned
- A valid remit billing address for the manufacturer of the product being purchased
- A valid expiration date and must be presented before expiration
- Walmart accepts Dollars/Cents Off coupons and BOGO (Buy One Get One Free)
- All coupons must be presented to the cashier at the time of purchase.
- Coupons cannot be applied after the transaction is completed or to previous purchases.
- Items purchased must match the coupon description (brand, size, quantity, color, flavor, etc.). Acceptance of unmatched coupons is against policy and will be denied.
- Coupons must scan at the register, as the GS1 on the coupon validates to a master file.
- Coupons are void if copied, scanned, altered, transferred, purchased, sold, or as prohibited by law.
- The coupon value will be applied to the sale price of the item allowing any overage to be applied to the transaction total.
- In select instances, Walmart may give cash after overages are applied to the transaction total (remaining basket).
- SNAP items purchased in a SNAP transaction are applied to the basket purchase and are ineligible for cash back.
- WIC items purchased in a WIC transaction are applied to the basket purchase and may not be eligible for cash back. Refer to state specific WIC guidelines.
- Walmart reserves the right to limit quantities to ‘typical retail purchases’ except in states where it is prohibited (NM).
You might also like: FAQ About Coupons: How Many Do I Have To Buy?
Internet (Print-at-Home) Coupons
- We gladly accept valid, internet manufacturer coupons for the manufacturer’s items with a GS1 barcode that scans at our register and are not expired.
- We do not accept internet coupons for free products and items with no purchase requirements.
- Internet coupons that display characteristics below will not be accepted:
- Out of proportion
- Do not scan properly
- Appear to be altered in any way
Buy One Get One Free Coupons (BOGO)
- BOGO manufacturer coupons cannot be combined by using a 2nd manufacturer BOGO coupon on the 2nd item (i.e. you cannot use two BOGO manufacturer coupons on two items and get both for free). Unless stated otherwise on the coupon, the use of one Buy One Get One Free coupon requires that two of the valid items are presented at checkout of which one item will be charged to the customer at the full price and the 2nd item will be discounted by its full retail price.
- A BOGO manufacturer coupon and a Dollar/Cent Off coupon cannot be combined (i.e. you cannot use a BOGO coupon and a Dollar/Cent Off coupon on two items). Unless stated otherwise on the coupon, the use of one Buy One Get One Free coupon requires that two of the valid items are presented at checkout of which one item will be charged to the customer at the full price and the 2nd item will be discounted by its full retail price.
- Walmart does not accept BOGO manufacturer coupons with a percentage (i.e. buy the first item at full price get 50% off the 2nd item).
You Might Also Like To Know: What is Amazon Household?
Walmart return policy
- Returns of items purchased using Manufacturer Coupons may receive the coupon value returned in the original form of tender, thus providing the full purchase price back to the customer.
- Coupons will not be given back upon return of the merchandise.
- Walmart reserves the right to decline the return of items purchased with manufacturer coupons.
- Walmart does not accept (mobile) digital coupons, (example: coupons scanned off a mobile phone).
- Walmart does not accept expired coupons
- Walmart does not accept counterfeit coupons (VISA, MC, AMEX, Applebee’s or any coupons made by a third party.
- Walmart does not accept vouchers or gift certificates.
- Walmart reserves the right to not accept UPC-A coupon barcodes.
- Walmart reserves the right not to accept manufacturer coupons with no matching requirements (e.g. 992 family code).
- Acceptance of unmatched manufacturer coupons to the correct purchase item is against policy and the coupon will be denied.
- Walmart does not accept competitor’s coupons/retailer coupons
- Walmart does not accept bottle caps for redemption.
- Walmart does not honor double or triple coupons.
- In select circumstances a register prompt will occur during coupon transactions that require a CSM or Management to validate the manufacturer coupon(s).
- In all situations, we reserve the right to refuse, or limit the use of any coupon and/or the subsequent return for any reason, including if the customer behavior becomes disruptive (reoccurring) or the items are deemed not to be for the purpose of using or gifting.
- The Store Manager and Management has the final decision in taking care of the Walmart shopper
- Walmart will work with the appropriate law enforcement authorities to prosecute individuals using counterfeit coupons or using coupons inappropriately.
Walmart reserves the right to update or modify the terms of the OP-41 Manufacturer Coupon Policy and it’s strategies at any time.
Once again, we know that Walmart prices and the way cashiers and managers read and understand their own coupon policies can vary widely from store to store – so keep that in mind when shopping there.
Make sure to read the coupon policy yourself so you’ll know the terms and conditions before buying anything.
Remember to print and carry the policy with you whenever you are shopping there.
Above all, be patient & kind but firm when need be, knowing they may not have received the best training.
You might also like: How To Coupon: One Per Purchase Or One Per Transaction?
Added tip: To ensure you get the best deals and lowest prices, make sure you take a look at the weekly ad for your local store. You can check it on the Walmart website or Walmart app. Make sure you put in your zip code to get the right store and correct pricing.
Some Of The Best Store Purchases You Can Use Coupons On:
- School supplies
- Baby care
- Home goods
- Beauty products
- Home essentials
- Pet supplies
Rose Clark says
I do match at walmart and sometimes not easy when I get rejected I call customer relations and then they call store manager then I get what I want the walmart but sometimes it’s not easy but still worth it to go tnete
That is very true, but, what will eventually happen is that they will see you coming and you will be known as the couponer who knows what she is doing and they will stop questioning you because they know you!
Hang in there!
I’m very new and confused at the couponing .. is that mean that I can thake a Walgreens coupon with a specific amount off and they will take it ?
Than I can add a manufacturer one ?
Good to know