The biggest Dollar General discounts are at your fingertips with DG Digital Coupons—no more clipping or printing required! You can choose which offers to add to your account when you sign into your account on your mobile device or PC.
You can redeem these deals by entering your phone number at the register when you checkout. Dollar General can also send you a receipt of your purchase in a text message or email.
All About Dollar General Digital Coupons
I remember the days of standing at the Dollar General register with my hands full of paper coupons, and you can still use printable coupons and coupons found in the newspaper and magazines, but now with digital coupons it’s easier.
All you do is add your phone number at the register and the coupons are accepted. Instead of handing your handful over and the cashier checking and scanning them one by one and the register beeping and the cashier doesn’t know why… it’s a bit less hassle now for sure.
Let’s get started!
About the DG Digital Coupon Program
Dollar General digital coupons work like most other stores that have them work. You sign up for an account on the Dollar General website and/or download their app to be able to choose your coupons.
For years we’ve all loved their $5 off $25 coupon, and you can clip that one, too on their website or in the app.
Dollar general also makes it easy to find the coupons you might need. You can sort the coupons anywhere from baby items to personal care items or you can choose to scroll through all of the digital coupons so you don’t miss anything.
Now, we’ve told you for years the best way to save money when you shop is to find a sale – add a coupon – and buy as many as you need to get you through until the next time there’s a sale and a coupon. Well, Dollar General has made that easier, too.
You can look through the add online or in the app as well and clip the digital coupons to match the sales ads. Plus online you get to see ALL of the sales, even the ones they don’t put in the paper.
Plus the ad has the deals already worked for you. They show you the product, the sale price, and if there’s a digital coupon you can clip to add to the deal and what the final price will be! How handy is that?
You Might Also Like: All About Family Dollar Coupons
Dollar General Coupon Policy
You can find the full Dollar General Coupon Policy <— here
As of September 2020, Dollar General has revised our Coupon Policy.
It’s always important to follow each store’s coupon policy and follow it so that there is no confusion for the employee. Causing them issues means they make it harder on couponers and the store/company in turn makes couponing harder for us… ie: double and triple coupons have all but vanished.
Dollar General WILL ACCEPT coupons that meet the following requirements:
- Must be original. Photocopies are not accepted.
- Must have a scannable barcode or a valid Dollar General promotion code that can be scanned by a DG store associate
- Must have a visible and a valid expiration date
- Can be redeemed only for items sold at Dollar General, and can be redeemed only for the exact same item (package weight, size, etc.) unless otherwise specified
- Limit of 5 identical coupons per household per day, if no limit specified on coupon
- Coupons for free items are only accepted if a purchase is required to get one free. A Dollar General Coupon offer will always have a purchase requirement with free item offers.
- A maximum of two coupons will be allowed per item. To do this, one coupon must be a Manufacturer Coupon and the second coupon must be a Dollar General Coupon. This is allowable as long as neither coupon states that it is not valid with other coupons.
- Printed on valid Dollar General receipt tape paper
Be sure to learn about and take advantage of coupon stacking. Stacking coupons can net you a huge reward if you know how.
Coupons Stacking IS ALLOWED in certain situations:
- Only one Manufacturer Coupon and one Dollar General Coupon can be used per item in a transaction. Stacking of 2 or more Manufacturer Coupons per item is not allowed.
- The stacking of 2 or more Dollar General Coupons in a transaction is allowed unless otherwise noted on the coupon or associated promotional art.
- Unless labeled a DG Store Coupon in the Digital Coupon Gallery, DG Digital Coupons are Manufacturer Coupons. Manufacturer DG Digital Coupons cannot be combined with any other type of Manufacturer coupon on the same item in a single transaction.
- If there is a conflict between a DG Digital Coupon and a Paper Coupon for the same item, the first one applied will be counted toward the transaction and the other will not, regardless of value.
Not many stores allow coupon overages, but they can also be a huge benefit when it’s allowed. Unfortunately Dollar General coupon policy doesn’t allow overages. But, read the blow carefully as it does explain that sometimes it’s possible.
- Dollar General accepts coupons that have a face value that exceeds the price of the item to which the coupon applies. However, effective as of the most recent update to this policy, the discount received by the customer may not exceed the total pre-tax selling price (after all other discounts) of the item to which the coupon applies.
- Dollar General is in the process of converting its point of sale systems to a new platform that better supports this policy. Until that process is complete, customers in some stores may receive the full face value of a coupon even when it exceeds the pre-tax selling price of the applicable item.
- In such instances, the difference between the face value of the coupon and the pre-tax selling price (after all other discounts) of the item will be applied to the balance of the transaction. These coupon overages will not be given back at the end of the transaction as cash.
- Coupon overages cannot be applied to gift cards, pre-paid money cards, phone cards, alcohol, or tobacco.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- If you have questions regarding coupons at a specific store, please contact the store manager or get in touch with us here.
Again, knowing the FULL coupon policy for stores you shop is important. It’s important to know what they DO allow and what they DON’T.
It is also wise to carry a copy of the store’s current copy with you to the store in case there is any issue. That way the employee can see your side of things. Most stores DO NOT teach their coupon policy in full to their cashiers or even managers.
Dollar General will NOT accept coupons that are as follows:
- From other retailers
- Pictures of any kind
- Internet coupons without a scannable barcode, a Dollar General promotion code, or a visible and valid expiration date.
- For “free” items that do not contain a purchase requirement (i.e., buy one get one free is acceptable)
- Manufacturer coupons that do not have a “remit to:” address on the coupon.
Keep in mind Dollar General coupon policy doesn’t allow ad matching, double or triples, and they can say no for any reason under the sun – according to their policy.
- All coupon offers are available only while quantities last.
- Dollar General does not match competitor Ad prices.
- Dollar General does not double or multiply the value of coupons.
- Transactions cannot be broken up to avoid coupon stacking restrictions.
- Only one Dollar General Digital Coupon Account per person.
- In all situations, Dollar General reserves the right to:
- Limit purchase quantities to typical retail purchase quantities and to exclude resellers/dealers.
- Not accept coupons over a certain dollar amount, as well as above a certain threshold as it relates to the total transaction.
- Remove any coupon or offer for any reason, including both manufacturer coupons and store discounts.
You Might Also Like: Everything You Need to Know About IKEA Delivery
Frequently Asked Questions
Must I sign up to get coupons?
You need a Dollar General account to be able to use their digital coupons. You can still use coupons you get elsewhere, but for their digital coupons you’ll need an account because you’ll need to enter the phone number associated with your account for the register to accept your DG digital coupons.
What if I don’t want to participate?
DG digital coupon subscribers who no longer want to receive emails from Dollar General can close their account and/or delete the app.
What if I don’t have a mobile phone to sign up with?
In the Dollar General mobile app, you need to check the “Mobile” box during new account registration and select “Landline” from the following drop-down option.
To get the code, dial the number, then click “CALL AND TELL ME THE CODE” make sure you have a pen and paper to write down the code when they call. The next step in the sign-up procedure is to add the code they gave you.
Leave a Comment