On Thursday evenings we have Bible Study in a home nearby. We all bring something for dinner to share.
I’ll be honest here and tell you, I am usually running crazy right up until time to go trying to get my work done on the blog so I can go. That leaves Hubby to fix something for us to take.
Well, this past Thursday he was the one running behind and I found myself 1 hour from time to go and nothing prepared and no thought as to what I was going to do!
Low Carb Soup Recipe
So, this low carb soup in under an hour was born! I was running late as I said so I didn’t get any pics of the prep work, just the soup as it was cooking.
Here’s my recipe for a quick soup that is low carb, too!
- 1 lb Hamburger
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms – chopped
- 1 Zucchini – sliced
- 1 White Onion – diced
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Beef Bullion Cubes
- 32 oz Beef Broth
- 1 Green Pepper – diced
- 3 celery stalks – diced
- Italian Seasoning to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
You may also like: Nine Pepper Soup Recipe
- Bring broth, bullion, and 5 cups water to boil.
- Brown hamburger. Saute onion, celery, mushroom, and green pepper until soft in small amount of olive oil.
- Add hamburger, sauteed vegetables and sliced zucchini to the pot.
- Season to taste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer 30 – 45 minutes.
I served it with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
Check out these Cheesy Recipes you might love!
- Pepperoni & Cheese Bread Recipe
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe
- Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- Scalloped Potatoes Recipe with Cheesy Bechamel Sauce
It was a hit! Fastest soup I have EVER cooked – but, it tasted great!
Trying it with diced fire roasted tomatoes. Will let you know how it tastes!
Oh what a great idea! Please do let us know how it turns out!
I’ve never tried it that way.