Susan is back with another great recipe – Nine Pepper Soup! I am not a spicy eater, living in Texas that is hard for sure. But, Susan promises this won’t be too hot, so maybe I’ll give it a go!
Nine Pepper Soup Recipe
I promise that this Nine Pepper Soup is not as hot as it sounds. I didn’t intend to put so many peppers in it, really, it just sort of happened.
You Might Also Like These: Easy Soup Recipes
My goal was a good vegetable and chicken soup, so, I opened the refrigerator and started pulling stuff out, chopping stuff up, and, I was not disappointed.
I threw a little cheese and some tortilla strips on top and I had the best tasting tortilla soup.
- 2 carrots
- 1/3 large onion
- 1 large jalepeno
- 1 mini yellow bell pepper (or 1/4 large one)
- 1 mini orange bell pepper
- 1 mini red bell pepper
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1/2 cup Verde Sauce (canned or jarred)
- 1 can tomatoes with chiles
- 1/2 cup Chipotle Salsa
- 1 qt chicken broth
- 1 qt water
- 3 celery stalks
- 1small zucchini
- 6 small garlic pods (or 3 larger ones)
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp oil
For Another Soup Recipe Check Out This: Low Carb Crock Pot Soup
- Chop all the bell peppers, onion, poblano, carrots, celery, zucchini, and garlic pods.
- Saute the carrots, onions, celery, and zucchini in 1/2 tsp oil first until tender. Set aside.
- Saute the peppers in the rest of the oil, adding the spinach leaves and garlic in after they are almost tender. Stir and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Boil the rotisserie chicken in water for about 30 minutes to make a good broth. You can use raw chicken for a richer broth but I always use leftover chicken for soups.
- De-bone the chicken.
- Add all the ingredients together and cook until the flavors are melded nicely….maybe 30 minutes.
Hi, I’m Susan, a mother of four and a grandmother to 5 and that, along with my husband and 2 dogs, take up my most of my time. I am a side-tracked Home Executive. I had the privilege of being a stay –at-home mom so, you might say that my passion is the home and making a haven for those I love.
Leave a Reply