Susan’s back with a great easy dessert recipe for Gluten Free Piña Colada Cake
Piña Colada Cake
I asked my hubby what cake he wanted for his birthday party. Ok, I made him a Deep Dish Mango Pie for his actual birthday but that was before his party. He told me he wanted a Piña Colada cake.
You Might Also Like: Strawberry Gluten Free Cake Recipe
An old friend from the days of farming gave me this recipe and he has never forgotten that yummy cake. I couldn’t find her recipe, so I improvised….of course.
She has been on my mind every since. I also made some chocolate cupcakes for my daughter’s birthday….which we were celebrating too. These gluten free cake mixes are really delicious!
- 2 Betty Crocker Yellow Gluten Free Cake Mixes
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple or pineapple puree (draining and saving the juice)
- Add ingredients listed on back of the boxes substituting the pineapple juice for as much of the water as possible (sorry but I forgot to write those down).
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 can Lopez Cream of Coconut
- 1 can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 carton of Cool Whip whipped topping
- water (see below)
- Drain the pineapples, catching the juice. Put the excess juice in a two cup measuring cup and add enough water to make 2 cups of liquid or whatever the cake mix requires.
- In a large mixing bowl, put the dry ingredients of the 2 cake mixes along with the package directions and ingredients listed on the back, sour cream, and the juice/water mixture. Blend well on medium speed.
- Mix in the pineapple filling.
- Put cake batter in the prepared pan that is greased 10×14 pan and cook at 350 until done (time listed on the back of the box, adjusting for the size of pan). If using a regular cake mix put it in a 9×13 pan instead.
- Check if the cake is done by testing it with a wooden toothpick.
- In a large mixer bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer mix together 1/2 can of Cream of Coconut and 1 can Eagle Brand Milk.
- While cake is hot, poke holes all over the top of the cake. Pour milk mixture slowly and evenly over the perfect cake with holes.
- Let the cake cool completely and then refrigerate until cold.
- For the coconut frosting mix, the carton of Cool Whip along with the other 1/2 can of Cream of Coconut make sure to get the sides of the bowl and spread over cold moist cake. Optional: add coconut flakes.
- That’s it for this great dessert all you have to do is store this cake in the refrigerator.
You Might Also Like: Avocado Pina Colada Recipe
Tools You May Need:
Ingredients You May Need:
- Coconut milk
- Rum extract
- Toasted coconut
- Maraschino cherries
- Yellow cake mix
- Coconut extract
- Egg whites
- Pudding mix
- Coconut rum
- Coconut buttercream
- Coconut cream cheese frosting
Hi, I’m Susan, a mother of four and a grandmother to 5 and that, along with my husband and 2 dogs, take up my most of my time. I am a side-tracked Home Executive. I had the privilege of being a stay –at-home mom so, you might say that my passion is the home and making a haven for those I love.
Heidi @ HotCouponWorld says
Thanks for the Linky! That Pina Colada cake looks amazing!